To streamline the event, please check-in at the Dewey Boardroom located on the 2nd floor of the Opal Resort and Marina (245 Front Street), Thursday the 29th from 12:00- 6:00 pm, to pick up your Captain’s bag and name tag. Thursday night guests arriving late please check-in prior to fishing on Friday morning at the Opal Hotel Taxi stand. Dress for all events is casual.
Please check your welcome package for an updated schedule, fishing rules/points and your 2022 Tournament program.
- The Florida sun can be brutal; to be most effective, sunscreen should be applied prior to fishing, and motion sickness medicine should be taken prior to boarding the boat. Please remember to stay hydrated.
- After buffet breakfast and bloody mary bar, 6:30-7:30 am, in the courtyard of the Opal Resort (245 Front Street), please check in with Kathy or Monica to pick up your taxi vouchers. Saturday, please bring your cooler for that day’s lunch, as we will not be providing new coolers. Do not forget to pick up a lunch for your captain and mate. Please have your group together and ready to go as taxis will be waiting!
- Beverages will be distributed Friday morning (for both fishing days) in the courtyard of the Opal Resort. If you do not feel this will quench your thirst for both days of fishing, plan to purchase more beverages prior to your early morning departure. Please make your purchases the evening before as there are few places to purchase beverages at that time of the day.
- The Mate tip will be passed out with return taxi vouchers on Saturday morning, please give the mate’s tip at the end of the day on Saturday; additional tip for your Captain and/or mate is at your own discretion.
- Upon boarding the boat remind your Captain to fly the tournament flag; take a digital photo of the flag and one or more of your team members for an additional 20 points on Friday and 40 points on Saturday.
- Shell gift cards will be awarded to the Captains of the 1st – 3rd place winning teams. There is limited space at the Awards Banquet on Saturday evening. Please do not invite your Captain and Mate, Findlay will extend an invitation to the winners only!
- In order to raise more money for the DRI, tournament performance shirts and caps may be purchased at events.
- Make sure anglers have a digital camera on board the boat each day to take photos of all the action. Please set your cameras to their highest resolution and upload all your photos here.
- We will showcase your trip in next year’s program!
- We are a “social” event, so do not forget to hashtag your photos #hbkwc2022 or post your pictures on our Facebook page and tag your friends.
- Most of all have fun and thank you for your support of the Diabetes Research Institute, our Best Hope for a Cure!